The Point of Pride team had an amazing time at this year’s Philadelphia Trans Wellness Conference!
The Philadelphia Trans Wellness Conference (Thursday, July 25–Saturday, July 27) is the largest free trans-specific conference in the world. This was our third time at the Conference, and as always, it is such a great experience to share a space with thousands of transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming folks.
- meeting folks! – our volunteers so enjoyed meeting with each of you, hearing your stories, and help to connect you with support, resources, and information. It was a wonderful surprise to see some of the folks we’ve provided financial assistance to, including our past Surgery Fund recipients Charissa and Gabriel, as well as our past Electrolysis Support Program recipient Jon.
- collecting donations of new and gently-used chest binders – thank you to everyone who stopped by to donate their garments. We collected about 80 in total, many of which were immediately re-homed to folks in need of them!
- giving away 141 free chest binders – many of these went to folks who have never owned a binder before because they simply could not afford to purchase one. That’s 141 less folks relying on unsafe binding practices in order to feel safer or affirmed in their identity.
- our Panera Bread fundraiser – thank you to everyone who showed up in support to grab a bite! We had a blast, and we can’t wait to see how much we raised in support of our programs.
- our letter-writing station – it was moving to see hundreds of heartfelt notes of support being created at our table. These notes were packaged along with free chest binders and mailed to trans folks in need of support, all around the world.
- fundraising and preparing for our chest binder mailing party – on Sunday, our team put together our largest-ever bulk shipment of free chest binders: 1,500 in total, serving folks in all 50 states and 32 countries around the world! Learn more