Following the 2019 Philadelphia Trans Wellness Conference, our volunteer team spent yesterday processing and mailing out free chest binders to 1,500 trans folks who cannot otherwise afford or safely obtain them!
- Our recipients live in all 50 states and over 1,000 unique zip codes.
- We shipped to trans folks in Israel, Egypt, Turkey, Japan, Dominican Republic, and Singapore — the first time we’ve mailed to folks in these countries! This brings our total countries served count to 57.
- Most are youth (68% are under the age of 18. 92% are under the age of 24.)
- Our recipients’ ages range from 11 through 59.
- One in three (33%) are living with a disability or chronic illness.
- What all of our recipients have in common is they lack the resources or ability to purchase a binder. As a result, many were turning to unsafe binding practices like Ace bandages or duct tape. Having a proper binder will better protect their health, safety, and overall well-being.
With yesterday’s mailing, Point of Pride has mailed out more than 5,000 chest binders, entirely for free, to trans folks in need of them in all 50 states and 57 countries! Thank you to our donors, sponsors (especially gc2b), supporters, and volunteers who have made this milestone possible.
We’re already eager to hit our new goal of providing support to 10,000 trans masculine folks, and we need your help to reach it. A donation of $9 covers the postage to help 3 trans folks receive their binders. Thank you in advance for your generosity!