The Electrolysis Support Program provides free or greatly discounted permanent hair removal services for trans femme folks who cannot otherwise afford them.
We have partnered with 20 (and counting!) providers around the United States and have been awarding recipients with financial support via trans-affirming providers since January 2018.
Any trans femme person who is in need of permanent hair removal services (electrolysis, laser hair removal, etc.) who cannot otherwise afford it or safely obtain it is welcome to apply.
How to Apply
Applications will only be accepted during our application windows via the form on this page. To get started, click the “Apply for a Grant” button below and complete the application.
Our Board of Directors evaluates applicants and pairs recipients with trans-affirming providers in their area. Determinations are based on financial need and the geographic locations of our sponsors.
If you are selected as a recipient, you will be contacted via email. Depending on your financial need and the resources available, you may receive a grant award paid to your electrolysis provider on your behalf, free services with your provider for a specified number of sessions, greatly discounted services with your provider, or some combination of support. These details will be customized to meet the needs of each individual recipient.
If you previously applied for support but were not selected, you are welcome to re-apply during our next application window.
We have very few requirements for applicants in an effort to be as inclusive as possible.
- You must identify as transgender (this program primarily supports MTF and all other femme identities, but any person who is not cis may apply)
- You are seeking hair removal on your face, neck, or on an area of your body in preparation for bottom surgery
- You have financial need that prevents you from receiving hair removal services
- You are 18 years old or older
- You live in the United States
You may apply during one of the following periods:
- Winter: January 1, 2018 – February 28, 2018 (11:59pm EST)
- Spring: April 1, 2018 – May 31, 2018 (11:59pm EST)
- Summer: July 1, 2018 – August 31, 2018 (11:59pm EST)
Before you apply…
This program is intended to help trans femme folks who otherwise can not afford these services. Please only apply if you are truly in need of support.
Click the button above to launch our application form in a new window