About the program
Point of Pride has established the COVID-19 Emergency Fund to offset the unexpected costs and hardships that have impacted our trans community in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
We recognize this current situation has created unanticipated and extraordinary circumstances for the most vulnerable members of our community. This fund works to connect small grants to recipients who have lost their income and lack the financial means to cover short-term expenses related to their health and well-being.
Examples of how these grant funds may be used:
- hormone replacement therapy (HRT) or other prescription refills
- therapy or mental health services
- medical supplies
Because of our extremely limited resources, most recipients will receive between $50 and $75.
We have very few requirements for applicants in an effort to be as inclusive as possible.
- You identify as transgender (FTM, MTF, non-binary, genderqueer, gender non-conforming, and all other non-cis identities)
- You live in the United States
- You were laid off, unemployed, furloughed, or lost your primary source of income on or after March 1, 2020. (In your application, please include proof of this via a termination letter, proof of filing for unemployment, an explanation of loss of income, etc.)
- You have financial hardship that makes affording your short-term expenses extremely challenging or impossible. (In your application, please complete the budget section to the best of your ability.)
- If seeking assistance towards hormone replacement therapy (HRT) or another prescription medication, you must already be taking the medicine and have a valid prescription refill
Review and Apply
- Funding is not guaranteed.
- If you are awarded funding, you’ll be notified via email from [email protected]. All funding requests will be reviewed and considered on a case-by-case basis beginning April 10. Funds can be awarded via PayPal, Cash App, or Venmo for secure, immediate support.
- If additional information is required, a Point of Pride volunteer staff member will contact you via email or the phone number you provided.
- For your own security and privacy, please do not send us banking information. In attached documents, you may blur or hide this sensitive information. Point of Pride will never ask you for your account number, routing number, social security number, etc. We only need your PayPal, Cash App, or Venmo username.
Point of Pride is here to support you during this challenging time. For questions, please email [email protected]. For additional resources during COVID-19, please visit our Get Support page, especially the "Mutual Aid / Emergency Funds" section.
Click the button above to launch our application form in a new window