Community Grantmaking Fellows (CGFs) are trained volunteers who review applications as part of Point of Pride’s Annual Transgender Surgery Fund and HRT Access Fund, which both provide financial assistance towards gender-affirming healthcare.
Together, CGFs help our Board of Directors to carefully evaluate each and every single written application. CGFs keep our processes fair and timely for our applicants and recipients, while providing valuable input along the way.
Why Become a CGF?
Members of the trans community have an incredible history of resilience and coming together to create powerful, life-affirming support for one another. The Community Grantmaking Fellow program embodies that history by providing support from and for the community. It’s…
- Virtual: all you need to volunteer is access to the Internet
- Flexible: volunteer whichever days or times best suit your schedule
- Rewarding: when surveyed, 72% of last year’s volunteers described their experience as “extremely rewarding” and 100% said they would volunteer again because of how meaningful volunteering in this way is
Requirements to Apply
- You identify as transgender (FTM, MTF, non-binary, genderqueer, gender non-conforming, and all other non-cis identities).
- You are at least 21 years old.
- You are fluent in English.
- You do not plan to apply for this year’s Annual Trans Surgery Fund or HRT Access Fund for your own medical care.
- You have 5 hours or more available to volunteer.
- You are looking for an opportunity to serve our community in a direct and powerful way!
*Folks with a background or interest in education or working with LGBTQ youth – such as teachers, tutors, and community leaders – are especially encouraged to apply.
Apply to be a CGF!
Once you click the button below and complete the form, you’ll be immediately invited to start the training packet. This document will cover important information about how review applicants impartially through our scoring rubrics. Then, you’ll submit an assessment in which you'll score sample applications, as well as agree to our confidentiality policies.